Mandatory use of soft body armor is here to stay. The increasing complexity, stiffness, and warmth of modern armor have made it an uncomfortable burden law officer’s must bear. Armor has traditionally been worn undercover, hidden by the uniform shirt and over a cotton or wicking t-shirt, and is never removed during a shift.
Blauer’s game changing ArmorSkin® system is a three-part body armor concealment package that moves your undercover armor to the outer layer of the uniform shirt. This breathable, moisture-wicking design is patented and has been carefully engineered (working through multiple revisions with dozens of police agencies) to increase your range of motion, improve all day comfort and prevent low back stiffness, while still maintaining a professional uniform appearance.
- ArmorSkin® Ballistic Vest Cover: Available in wool blend, polyester, and cotton blend and polyester ripstop fabrics. Fusible interlining adds durability and insures a crisp clean appearance wash after wash. TacVestTM is our new tactical outer vest design with MOLLE.
- Universal body armor fit. All brands of undercover armor will fit the ArmorSkin cover. Armor stays in the existing internal carrier, ensuring the ballistic protection as designed and fitted by the manufacturer.
- Wicking lightweight comfort. A technical mesh lining and side panel construction ensures rapid moisture vapor transport and evaporative cooling all shift long. Stretch side panels improve flexibility and range of motion compared to a traditional uniform shirt worn over armor.
- No velcro design. ArmorSkin uses durable #10 unbreakable YKK Delrin zippers on the sides for quick donning and doffing. The shoulders are stitched together for strength. External carriers with hook and loop side and shoulder fastening systems grow weaker with every use and destroy uniform shirts worn underneath them. Strong zippers and fixed shoulders prevent the ArmorSkin from breaking open at the sides or shoulders during a struggle.
- Duty belt suspension. ArmorSkin conveniently allows for the use of duty belt suspenders. Users have reported pain free workdays after years of low back discomfort. Our simple and easy to use suspenders move weight from the hips to the shoulders, improving posture and reducing the need for unconscious tweaking of the duty belt position throughout the day.
- ArmorSkin® Base Shirt: Blauer’s Base Shirt is a police uniform shirt with a wicking performance textile lower half. Available in the same wool blend, polyester, and cotton blend ripstop fabrics that ArmorSkin is made from for color matching. Base shirts come in short and long sleeves, and in female fit sizes.
- Base shirts blend quality uniform fabrics and modern high tech base layer technology. The lower half of the shirt, concealed by ArmorSkin, is a durable, breathable, and flexible open knit with a wicking treatment for rapid moisture transport and coated with a polymer to prevent picks and pills.
- Worn under ArmorSkin base shirts appear identical to traditional uniform police shirts. In the station with vest removed they allow rapid cooling and drying while maintaining a smart professional appearance.
- ArmorSkin® Suspension System: A majority of law officers experience lower back pain after only a few years on the job. Duty belts, increased equipment load, and car seats posture are the major sources of low back pain complaints by police officers. Blauer’s Suspension System allows for a balanced load and looser duty belt fit, improving circulation and also decreasing the risk of lower back and hip pain and resulting sciatica.
- Duty belt suspension. The weight of your equipment belt is supported entirely by the hips and large muscles of the legs, and most of the weight is forward. Ideally equipment weight should be balanced evenly between the shoulders and hips, and front and rear of your body. Moving weight to the shoulders and hips prevents nerve and blood flow impingement and changes your duty belt wearing posture, pulling the shoulders and hips back.
- Quick-release hardware. Durable D ring clips secure to ordinary single or doublewide belt keepers and snap into the lower hardware of the suspenders for fast and easy removal during the shift. The nylon webbing is connected to adjustment hardware in front and an X clip in back, and has movable padded shoulder straps to hold straps in place and prevent pinching of the shoulder muscles.
- Wear them alone or integrate suspension into the ArmorSkin vest using dedicated loops durably sewn into the mesh side of the carrier. Try them for a month and feel the difference they make.
For Blauer it’s all about the details. We take pride in creating and marketing the very best uniforms, outerwear and accessories available for law officers. Read the reviews and try ArmorSkin to find out just how much more comfortable you can be.