Protective Ensembles for CBRN and HAZMAT Incidents
- - 3rd Party CERTIFIED protection against blood-borne and liquid-borne biological threats.
- - Blauer’s XRT ensemble is certified to the NFPA 1994 (2012 ed.) Standard for Class 3 protection against chemical and biological* agents, including viral threats, when worn with approved respiratory protection.
- - Constructed with breathable GORE® CHEMPAK® fabric for comfort in hot climates and extra durability and tear resistance.
- - Integrated, tight-fitting Airboss AMG butyl gloves and CHEMPAK® booties for easy donning and doffing without need for chemical tape.
- - Liquid proof front zipper with double storm fly.
- - Butyl face gasket for liquid and vapor tight seal around approved gas masks.
- - All seams sewn and sealed.
*Passes required viral penetration testing per ASTM 1671, Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood-Borne Pathogens Using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage as a Test Systemcontact us For information and pricing
The GORE® Chempak® Advantage
Speed and Mobility
Homeland Defender® suits fit your body like conventional outerwear and are certified for use with tactical-style boots. Unlike most traditional HAZMAT suits, our suits allow you to run, jump, and move as needed without compromising protection from dangerous chemical and biological agents.
Whether you’re operating in the “hot zone” or “warm zone”, Homeland Defender® suits offer a level of comfort that allows responders to function effectively for long durations until the mission is complete. Each suit is designed with a cooling mechanism to alleviate heat stress as compared to conventional HAZMAT suits. This allows for extended response durations and fewer shift rotations.
The durability of any CBRN suit is important from a safety and investment standpoint. Homeland Defender® suits are uniquely rugged in both fabric and seam construction to allow for worry-free tactical, rescue, and decon operations without the need for chemical tape. Homeland Defender® suits can be reused multiple times if they are not contaminated.
Dual-Certified Protection for Hot Zone CBRN Missions
Blauer’s Multi-Threat ensemble offers the highest level of protection in the Homeland Defender® line from liquid, vapor, and particulate forms of CBRN agents. The suit is made of GORE® CHEMPAK® Ultra-barrier fabric and is certified to NFPA 1994 Class 2 and NFPA 1992 for protection against chemical warfare agents (CWA’s) and toxic industrial chemicals (TIC’s) at concentrations at or above IDLH when worn with approved SCBA systems. For added protection, this revolutionary non-permeable membrane is laminated to a 4.5 ounce NOMEX IIIA outer shell, which provides excellent static dissipative performance and resists melting, dripping, and burning when exposed to high heat and flame.